Vinyl Frame Maintenance
Here is some cleaning advice if you use our Vinyl Frame & Pad system with our tackified (sticky) polyester material. After a few filter changes, the media channel may start to get sticky. We found a good method to keep your frame clean is to use WD-40 to clean the channel to remove the tackifier. Use this method to keep your frame clean and lasting longer:
1. Spray some WD-40 on a paper towel. Keep it fairly light. You do not want WD-40 to drip into the frame.
2. With the paper towel, wipe along the channel that the pad pushes into to help remove the tackifier (sticky glue).
3. After you have removed enough of the tackifier, pull out any polyester fiber that may still be stuck in the channel. Using tweezers may help with this step.
4. Once you have removed as much from the channel as possible, you may want to wipe the channel again with the WD-40 paper towel.
5. After you are satisfied with the cleanliness of the channel, wipe any excess WD-40 off of the frame with a paper towel.
If you have any questions about this, feel free to call us anytime!